Wednesday, September 12, 2012

One to go!!!

This 2012 season has flown by and I can't believe its almost my off season for a couple of weeks before gearing up for the 2013 season. The 2012 season has been a very successful and rewarding season for me and can't wait to see what the 2013 season has in store.

Since my last update I raced the US Pro Crit Nationals along with Tour of Elk Grove. Crit Nationals was a weird race with everyone fighting for the stars and bars. The first half of the race was the slowest race I have done this year. Pretty sure no one wanted to risk going for it a blowing up early in a long race. This made tactics very interesting with very few solid breaks making it up the road. In the end I finished somewhere in the top 15, not exactly as planned.. O well got next year.

Tour of Elk Grove was a fast fast race every day. First started off with a 4.5mile prologue which hurt really really bad. Then the next two days were long circuit races threw the neighborhoods . The first day was shortened due to a severe storm where all the riders had to huddle in the school till the storm passed until we  were allowed to start racing. In the end the race went a lot better for me then it did last year.

I am currently at my place in Boulder, CO getting ready for my last race of the 2012 season. It's the last NCC crit of the year on September 30th in Vail, CO. Not sure how many racers will show to this late season race but I know Kevin and I will be there representing Team Exergy.

After this last race I will head to Grand Junction, CO for a week to hang out with friends and ride the roads I came so familiar with during Collegiate racing. Then it's time to head up to Tahoe, CA to get in a solid week of fun riding with our coach and friends. Once done there it will be the off season for a few weeks then down to Tucson, AZ.

 Here are some pictures of the last month or so.....

Tour of Elk Grove

Cheering on Team Exergy at USA Pro Cycling Challenge

Hiking Mt. Bierstadt 14er

Visiting Barbara in Tucson

Training in Boulder

No comments: