Friday, October 19, 2012

2012 is a wrap

The 2012 season is now officially done. I am currently taking a short period of time off the bike so that I can rest up and get ready for the 2013 season. Right now I am in Tucson, AZ where I will be for the rest of the winter training.

My last NCC race in Vail, CO a couple of weeks ago was going to plan until 7 laps to go. Both Kevin and I were on great form and riding at the front. Kevin was working the breaks and primes while I was sitting back waiting for the final kick to the line. All was good with 10 to go with Kevin and I in the top ten behind the lead out trains. With 7 to go I got a rear flat which ended my race because free laps ended with 9 to go. Kevin still had a strong finish ending up 5th on the day.  Here is a video recap of the race from my friend Kenny.
 
Vail Crit
That race ended the season for the both of us. Though before we took any time off the bike we headed to Grand Junction , CO to hang out with friends and ride for a week. It was nice to be back and also see how much the College has grown just in the year since we graduated. After and fun week we headed down to Lake Tahoe, CA with coach Mo and friend Marty.
Tahoe group
California was a good time, with one big road ride the first day we got there. It was 100miles with 11,000ft of climbing. Here is a video of the day.

With our last road of the season the rest of the week was on the dirt with the mountain bikes. Its been a very long time since I went mountain biking and it was a blast.

Stay tuned for some exciting news on the 2013 season.














No comments: