Wednesday, April 18, 2012

2 down!!

This weekend I raced in two criteriums in Charlotte, NC. Saturday night was the big NCC USA Crits series Presbyterian Hospital Invitational Crit.  This was a 2hr race, the longest crit I have ever done and it was with all the best teams. I started in the back of 133 riders since everyone lines up 20min early. It took about 10 laps to finally make it near the front and this is where I needed to stay for the next hour and a half. Three riders got up the road early and half way through the race I was up helping United Healthcare control the gap. With 2laps to go I was on the front of our lead out train battling the front with the blue train of UHC. I dropped the guys off with 1 lap to go. In the end Carlos sprinted for 5th after being slowed down by a crash on the last corner.
   
Sunday was the Noda Grand Prix crit in Charlotte. This was a smaller race but a lot of the racers from the night before stuck around to get another race in there legs. Our plan for the day was to race very aggressive and get the win, and that is exactly what we did. The course had some nice tight narrow turns and a nice slight uphill on the back side. We launched many attacks to get away but nothing was able to escape. With 13laps to go they rang the bell for a preme, I attacked after the first tight corner and was able to get away. Though no one else came with and I was off the front for the next 6-7 laps. I was eventually caught with 7laps to go then made my way to the front with the rest of Team Exergy to perform a nice lead-out for Carlos. In the end  Carlos took the win and we got some good practice for our lead-out train.
Noda Grand Prix-Pic Courtesy Weldon,smugmug.com

Noda Grand Prix-Pic Courtesy Weldon,smugmug.com

Noda Grand Prix-Pic Courtesy Weldon,smugmug.com
 The last couple days I have been getting in some good training while in Charlotte. Today's ride was a very wet and rainy ride. Tomorrow we will be driving to  Anniston, Alabama to get ready for the Sunny King Criterium on Saturday and the Foothills Classic Road Race on Sunday.

No comments: