Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Tucson-Boise-Denver

  A lot has been going on since I posted last. I was in Denver for the Holidays then back to Tucson for another block of training then it was off to Boise for sponsor camp and now back in Denver for a couple of days.

   While I was back home for the Holidays I caught the flu real bad and was out for a week. This was the sickest I think I have ever been and didn't even think about touching the bike. Though getting sick then was probably the best time to do so rather then getting that sick mid-way through the season. After a week off it was back to Tucson for some nice warm miles.

    Getting back to Tucson was awesome because when I was back in Denver and not sick I was stuck in the basement on the trainer grinding it out. The weather this time around in AZ was perfect, was able to wear just shorts and short sleeves most of the time because the weather was in the mid 70's. Was able to get in another 2.5 weeks of some big miles and good climbing. I also had a few more teammates down in Tucson during this time so it was nice to be able to ride with the team and meet the new riders and catch up with the old ones. 

  Then it was back to Denver for a night to celebrate my Nephews 1st birthday and see family. Though bright and early the next morning it was off to Boise for the team sponsor camp. This was the first time that the whole team was able to gather in one place and catch up, meet new riders, meet sponsors, learn all about the season ahead and have a fun time.

 The first day in Boise we had our own little race, though it was not on the bikes it was on the go-kart track. This was a lot of fun to be able to race one another  and get the first results of the season. Ben Chaddock had the fastest time but I think I was somewhere in the top 5. The rest of the week was a lot of meetings with all the sponsors learning all about the companies and there products which was very interesting. The last day in town we all heading up to Bogus Basin to do some tubing. We were able to do some aero testing on the hill to prepare for the up coming season.






 Now I am back in Denver for about 10 days before heading to Ventura, CA for our team training camp. There we will be putting in some big miles and preparing for the first race of the season that will be here before we know it. 







  

No comments: