Thursday, August 6, 2009

Cascade/Nationals


Well I just got back the other day from a 2weeks on the road. We had the cascade classic stage race and then had Nationals the following weekend both of which were in Bend, Oregon.

For Cascade I had a real bad race. I was cramping every day and never got a descent result. Not sure if that was from the heat or what, cause it was in the upper 90's and 100's the whole time. Though the crit course and one of the RR course was the same course that would be used for Nationals the following week. So that was cool to race on it before hand.

U23 nats. RR was a hot one. Not starting till 12:30 and had 120miles ahead of us. The Garmin boys and Livestrog team got away early and once that happen no one wanted to work. So the pack started to get smaller and smaller. By then end there were maybe 20guys in the lead pack. Thank god they shortened our race because it was sooooooo hot. I ended up 27th out of 120 starters and only 45 finishers.

The crit, was FAST. I had troubles holding on to guys wheels. I felt real good for the firt hour and was up front. But after that hour mark I went back quickly. I ended up 45th which I was hoping for a lot better. But o well

Now we got 2 crits this weekend in Denver and then its back to school. We already start the 17th. Then there is a stage race in Steamboat in September and the its CROSS SEASON.

No comments: